Erica L. Brady
Washington, District of Columbia
Ms. Brady practices exclusively in the area of tax whistleblower claims. Prior to joining the Ferraro Law Firm, Ms. Brady completed her Masters of Laws in Taxation at Georgetown University Law Center, where she focused primarily on international corporate taxation. Ms. Brady’s practice before the Internal Revenue Service includes making submissions to the IRS Whistleblower Office. Ms. Brady regularly handles matters involving consolidated returns; income tax accounting and timing; partnership and pass-through taxation issues; employment taxes; the taxation of financial products, financial derivatives, and debt instruments; insurance company taxation; and the taxation of intellectual property. Ms. Brady also has extensive experience with international issues, such as transfer pricing, the taxation of foreign currency transactions, and tax issues related to offshore entities, including captive insurance companies.
Ms. Brady spoke at the ABA Section of Taxation 2010 May Meeting and the 2011 Midyear Meeting about the representation of whistleblowers in front of the IRS. Additionally, the ABA Section of Taxation’s NewsQuarterly published Ms. Brady’s article, “Are Criminal Fines ‘Collected Proceeds’?” in the summer 2011 issue. Ms. Brady also had an article published in the February 2012 edition of Taxes – The Tax Magazine, titled Does Tax Crime Pay (Whistleblowers)?
In addition to non-docketed matters, Mrs. Brady's work on docketed tax cases include:
- Whistleblower 10944-12W v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue, Docket No. 10944-12W.
- Bar Admissions:
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- New York
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, 2008
- LL.M. - Taxation Specialty
- Honors: With Distinction
- Chapman University School of Law, Orange, CA 2007
- Chapman University, Orange, CA 2003
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association (Section of Taxation and Young Lawyers Division)
- Member - Section of Taxation and Young Lawyers Division
- California Bar Association
New York State Bar Association